Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
KLA Resources - Primary
KLA Resources - Secondary
LMS - Moodle
Add "All Pages"
Other Wikis of Interest
Feedjit Live Blog Stats
Table of Contents
Picture Editing Tools
Other Cool Tools
1. Blooms Digital Taxonomy and Web 2 Tools Poster.pdf
-Bored with powerpoint, then use this online presentation tool. You can embed pictures, video and hyperlinks. Great online instructions are available.
-is a tool for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes.
Some teaching examples
- is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments in 5 ways - using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). Teachers can moderate comments if needed. Voicethreads can be embedded to show or receive comments on other websites like your class wiki.
(only available to students in years 9-12)
This site provides the tools for you to build up an argument or description of an event, person or historical period by placing items in a virtual box. You can display anything from a text file to a movie. You can also view and comment on the museum boxes submitted by others. Use the site for students to present information and then reflect on other’s work.
-is a tool for creating online posters - fully designed by yourself! Glog is a fancy creation from text, images, music and video. Free basic membership. Easy to use for all students, teachers can make student/classes and create student sub accounts.
- is a simple and free web application that lets you brainstorm online. Create colourful mind maps online, share and work with friends, embed your mind map in your blog or website, email and print your mind map, save your mind map as an image.
turns words -- famous speeches, news articles, slogans and themes, into a visually stunning tag cloud, words individually sized appropriately to highlight the frequencies of occurrence within the body of text.
- is a digital storytelling tool that lets anyone easily create his or her own 3D pop-up books. Using ZooBurst, storytellers of any age can create their own rich worlds in which their stories can come to life. Authors can arrange characters and props within a 3D world that can be customized using uploaded artwork or items found in a built-in database of over 10,000 free images and materials.
- is a cool, comic-creating tool where you can just drag-drop or click to create comic strips that express your views,and opinions or to just have fun, loads of it!
- On GoAnimate you can make your own animated characters, direct your own cartoons and watch others' creations.
It's easy, fun and free!
- Text-To-Movie: If you can type, you can make movies. Design Your Scene, Custom Camera Angles, Drag-and-drop Animations. Students can easily re-create scenes from novels and movies or create their own. Free application with limited applications, can upgrade for small cost if necessary.
- Turn your photos and music into stunning video slideshows. You provide the photos, you pick the song, and we'll add the magic. Give it a try — it's fast, free and shockingly easy.
- is a free website for educators to create digitial stories. Create a teacher account and add your students in a few easy steps.
Here are just a few ways that you can use Kerpoof:
Make artwork (even if you aren't good at drawing!)
Make an animated movie (really! it's easy!)
- is a new programming language that makes it easy to create your own interactive stories, games, and animations – and share your creations with others on the web.
If your wiki will be used exclusively for K–12 education, these wikis are free and ad-free, and you can make them private for extra security for your students.
Creating generic wiki accounts.docx
With BlogED, the Principal gives staff the ability to create and own blogs. Teachers can create class blogs to direct student learning or create individual student blogs for students to use themselves.
Maang - Interested in Social Networking? – join up to Maang, the DEC social networking site to keep up to date with what is happening in education. A link to Maang is found on the DEC portal homepage.
is a site where teachers can create on online space to connect with their class. Teachers are able to add files and links to websites and add assignments. Students are able to comment in this area and upload their assignments. Well worth a look.
- As a teacher you create a network for you and your students. Share inspiration, ideas, readings, thoughts. Post discussions, deadlines, homework Embed pictures, links and video. Keep parents informed. Connect with students outside the classroom in a secure manner!
- Create on online folder of resource links and resources to share with colleagues.
- Storybirds are short, art-inspired stories that are curiously fun to make, share, and read. Teachers love them because they inspire their most reluctant writers and readers and reward their most adventurous. Sign up for a free.
Mark up, fill out, and collaborate on PDFs, Word documents, PowerPoint slides, and web pages.
- is a free web resource where you can access a library of ready-made interactive thinking guides, print them, edit them or make your own. You can share them and work on them in groups too.
Picture Editing Tools
Big Huge Labs
- helps you do cool stuff with your digital photos. Sign up for free and create a class account for students to use the site and view or download what the class has created.
- you can create a rich slideshow in seconds to engage your students. The site supports background music, captions, and comments so you can elaborate on your story further.
(Only for use by students in years 10-12)
- simplifies photo editing and effects for everyday people. Choose from the constantly growing library of photo effects to turn your ordinary photos into extraordinary art with virtually no effort.Photo editing made smart. Fix your common photo problems like bad lighting, digital noise, fuzzy colors and details with one click. Add speech bubbles, frames and more...
- Create your own jigsaws from images and share them.
- is the only social media software service that lets users add voice to photos in seconds, and share their audio-enhanced Talking Photos through Facebook, Twitter, email and other social networks.
- With Survey monkey you can quickly create professional surveys. Gather responses through email or embed a survey on your blog or site. See results and analyze data in real-time.
- Create stunning surveys, polls, and quizzes in minutes. Collect responses via your website, e-mail, iPad, Facebook, and Twitter. Generate and share easy-to-read reports.
- is a free web-based timeline. Easily create and share timelines with pictures and videos.
- is a free digital timeline website. Users can create, share, embed and collaborate on interactive, visually engaging timelines that integrate video, audio, images, text, links, social media, location and timestamps.
- is your free one-stop source for flashcards on any subject. We offer tools and features unavailable anywhere else. Features include: Full multimedia flashcards: text, images, audio, and video. Fun, easy to use interface. Outstanding community features like study groups and wiki flashcard decks. Multiple modes of study.
- Create an unlimited number of flashcards. Create flashcards in any
. Share your flashcards with everyone on the internet. Import flashcards from text files, Microsoft Excel and other sources. Create flashcards with images. Currently jpegs can be used for image flashcards. Create audio flashcards. Currently mp3 files can be used for audio flashcards. Include a “hint” to assist in the study process.
Other Cool Tools
- allows you to create a customized jeopardy template without PowerPoint. The games you make can be played online from anywhere in the world. Building your own jeopardy template is a piece of cake. Or you can browse other jeopardy templates created by other people.
- Update your wiki or blog with generators and flash toys If you want to add a little glitter, photo fun, a clock, calendar or special message, this is the site. From comment generators and photo cubes to banner makers, photo puzzles and glitter text generators...
- This is an excellent site that has many different layers to explore. One section is the literacy interactive for students whereyou can engage your students in online literacy learning with interactive tools that help them accomplish a variety of goals—from organizing their thoughts to learning about language—all while having fun.
- Voki is a FREE service that lets you:*
to your Voki avatars.
your Voki to any blog, website, or profile.
- Think of Stixy as your online bulletin board. Create as many Stixyboards as you like, one for each project. Use Stixy to easily organize and share any project you are working on. Be creative, there is no fixed grid that you need to follow. Just drag a widget out on the board and place it anywhere you want. Resize it, move it around, and select from a number of options to design your reminders, photos, notes, and files.
- Building a website on Weebly is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. Our drag & drop website builder makes it dead simple to create a powerful, professional website without any technical skills required.
- is the simplest website-building tool there is! Kafafa is your one-stop shop for getting yourself or your company up and on the web. It's straightforward, capable, powerful, and best of all, free
- Documents on your website should be more than an afterthought. Make it convenient for your viewers to see and interact with your content right in their browser with no need to prompt for any software download.
- is the quick and easy way to rapidly make and share maps! With Scribble Maps you can: - Draw shapes and Scribble! - Pace Markers and text - Create a Custom Widget - Save as KML/GPX - Send maps to friends. I can see great applications for Geography lessons, or working out directions to places etc.
Create your own music using different instruments and styles.
- lets you create astounding comics, beautiful picture albums, how-tos... and more! The easy-to-use interface integrates seamlessly with your photo collection or iSight. Drag in your pictures, captions, Lettering text ('ka-blam!') and speech balloons and your work is done!
- In this site students are able to create with lego online.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"